Project: Punchbyte g-diag
The Punchbyte g-diag system is a satellite based navigation software system which helps in the activity to inspect and maintain parts of buildings, bridges, industrial and chemical plants, playgrounds equipment which are technically complex and need regular maintenance and inspection.
Typical installations and objects for regular maintenance where g-diag can support include:
- trees or playground control,
- maintenance of road lighting and traffic engineering,
- bridges and other traffic constructions
- inspection of buildings, facilities and industrial plants
- waste management sites (sewages, rain storage basins, water reservoirs)
- industry sites (production facilities)
- pipeline networks
With g-diag, inspections will be carried out by using a commercial Tablet PC, a database software and a satellite receiver. G-diag includes several substantial components of satellite navigation:
- finding and recognition of equipment: Galileo will show the help indicate the way to each single equipment
- tracking and documentation of date, time, duration and spatial amount: Galileo records each step of a inspection
- active equipment which is combined with a Galileo-receiver and which activates a inspection in case of exceeding a default location
- display of inspections and their documentation during and/or after an inspection in a directing centre or at the final customer via Internet with the Galileo-based data used for a broad enduring illustration of former inspections.
G-diag has been available in two prototype modules for playground control and rain storage basins since 2004 and is already used by the first customers.